Once the RCCA process is successfully complete, the results are used to develop a proactive approach to prevent the occurrence of problems.
Moreover, RCCA enables identification of “poka-yoke”/ mistake-proofing controls, which are installed on the critical control points identified in the process stream. During the course of the RCCA process, we employ an “RCCA A3 Report”, which is used to document each step of the RCCA process. This is a one-page document, the size of A3 paper. The RCCA A3 Report captures the entire RCCA process and serves as a reference document for future actions, providing high-level overview of the problem encountered, tools used, countermeasures identified, savings projected, project plan and lessons learned. Additional controls are later established – in the form of metrics and a taskforce – to hold the gains and sustain the change.
- Eliminates decision making based on preconceived notions
- Identifies all possible causes and address the TRUE root cause and not the symptom of the problem
- Addresses immediate needs by identifying correction and enabling corrective action
- Allows for precise prediction of potential result when thae causes are corrected
- Helps in proactive planning to develop preventive measures
- Eliminates the recurrence of the problem
- Provides a structured/standard approach to address non-conformance
- Results into operating improvements by directly impacting the Cost of Goods Sold
- Reduces or eliminates internal and external rework and warranty issues
- Enhances customer satisfaction